Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Bird feeder

    Some friends of mine asked me to build a bird feeder like the one in my backyard. They live on a hill top and have a two story house. She is disabled and can't get out much so she wanted the feeder to be where she could see it from her recliner. They have two large doors leading out onto the balcony at the back of their house. She can see the middle posts easily, from her chair, and he didn't want shells or droppings on the rail or deck so I designed it to swing out away from the post. The wood I used was from an old pallet and scraps from other projects. The photos below are the finished product and the feeder mounted on the post.

As you can see here I used a slid bar lock to keep it in place. Well that,s it. If you would like a more detailed description let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover