Monday, December 10, 2012

Portrait of Mark Bailey and Romeo


I was commissioned to do a portrait of champion roper Mark Bailey and his favorite mule Romeo. Yes mule! He ropes from mule back. The picture I was given wasn't very clear as you can see here.

      Mark had also lost weight between the time the photo was taken and the time of the portrait. so I was asked if I could slim him down a little. I was also asked to change the background to something more dramatic. In most portraits you want the subject to stand out. so I did a neutral color background and just made it to look like dust around him and Romeo.

   I was sad to find out that Romeo passed away shortly before the portrait was completed. Mr. Bailey was very happy with the portrait and said that he would treasure it forever. No higher praise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover